We learned recently that Benchmade Knives cut up some guns for Oregon City, OR.
Many in the gun rights community took issue with their involvement in this destruction. One Facebook correspondent observed that they appeared to have created a short-barreled shotgun in the process.
It has been reported since then that Benchmade has made contributions to Democratic (the party of gun control) politicians.
Having read a report that Benchmade sells only to officials, I went to their website and found this acknowledgment form (AKOA, reproduced below 2/27/19*) This form appears to say that ordinary citizens are not allowed to purchase Benchmade automatic knives.
Yet, a correspondent informed me that he purchased a Benchmade automatic from an online retailer without completing that form. Then, when listening to Benchmade's representative interview with Tom Gresham on Guntalk, his statement about citizen sales did not line up with the AKOA.
Another person reported that Bud's in Sevierville, TN will sell to ordinary citizens.
Here's hoping that they will change their official policy and acknowledge that citizens in some states, including Tennessee, have had the right to carry any knife restored.
If they are located in a state where the only politicians to be donated to have a D after their name, and if they are serious Second Amendment supporters, maybe they should think of relocating.
What do you think?
IN COMPLIANCE WITH FEDERAL STATUTES, Benchmade Knife Company requests that you read carefully the requirements set forth below, and sign this acknowledgement [sic] form prior to your purchase or receipt of any automatic opening knife from our company.
By placing an order or receiving a Product Service (Lifesharp Service, Lasermark Service, warranty or repair) from us for any automatic opening knife product, you agree that you meet any or all of the following criteria established by Federal law:
Federal law prohibits shipment of automatic knives across state lines, with the following exceptions:
1. to civilian or Armed Forces supply or procurement officers and employees of the Federal Government ordering, procuring, or purchasing such knives in connection with the activities of the Federal Government;
2. an active Armed Forces member or employee acting in the performance of his or her duty;
3. to supply or procurement officers of the National Guard, the Air National Guard, or militia of a State, Territory or the District of Columbia ordering, procuring, or purchasing such knives in the connection with the activities of such organization;
4. to supply or procurement officers or employees of the municipal government of the District of Columbia or the government of an [sic] State or Territory, or any county, city or other political subdivision of a State or Territory;
5. to manufacturers of such knives or bona fide dealers therein in connection with any shipment made pursuant of an order from any person designated in paragraphs 1, 2, 3 and 4.
Benchmade Knife Company will not sell automatic opening knives to any customer unless such sale or receipt of Product Service return is made in compliance with one or more of the above conditions.
________________________ (Benchmade Customer/Owner) recognizes and acknowledges that it is our responsibility as the owner, buyer to ascertain and obey all applicable laws (local, state, federal and international) in regard to the possession or purchase of any item from Benchmade Knife Company. We hereby represent and certify that our purchase or ownership of automatic opening knives from Benchmade Knife Company meets one or more of the criteria set forth above and agree to use these knives in connection of duties as described above in sections 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5.
Signature of Customer/Owner: _____________________