Wednesday, July 22, 2020

Tennessee House District 42, Ryan Williams, NO

This race is between incumbent Ryan Williams and political newcomer Dennis Bynum. Today, I voted for Bynum. In a separate post, I will give Bynum's answers to a firearms survey.

Mr. Williams has been unresponsive to the same survey. Draw your own conclusions as to where he stands. My sense is that he is a gun butter.

Below are some email exchanges that went between Mr. Williams and me, going back over a year. Also, when I spoke to him at the Tennessee Firearms Association Constitutional Carry Lobby Day on Tuesday, March 10, 2020, he did not seem to be interested in passing Constitutional Carry.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Subject: Cookeville - Upper Cumberland Tennessee Firearms Assoc (TFA) meeting

Liston Matthews
Wed, May 22, 2019, 8:17 PM
to Rep.Ryan.Williams

Dear Representative Williams:

The Cookeville - Upper Cumberland chapter of the TFA meets the second Monday evening of each month at the Golden Corral in Cookeville. Our next meeting will be June 10. We meet for a meal/social hour at 6:00 pm, and the formal meeting begins at 7:00 pm.

Would you be available to be our guest speaker for the next meeting on June 10?

Respectfully,

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Liston Matthews
Mon, May 27, 2019, 10:24 AM
to Rep.Ryan.Williams

Will you be able to make this meeting, or should I make other plans; and perhaps schedule you at a future date?
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ryan Williams <rep.ryan.williams@capitol.tn.gov>
Tue, May 28, 2019, 7:39 AM
to Jessica, me

I have a meeting in Nashville for work that day but will plan on being there for the formal meeting at 7.

Thanks.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Liston Matthews
Tue, May 28, 2019, 7:54 AM
to Ryan

Ok, thanks. I look forward to meeting you then.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

NOTE: Rep Williams no-showed that meeting. He never called or emailed.

Crickets

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Subject: Survey
Liston Matthews
Thu, May 28, 2020, 7:25 AM

to Ryan

Dear Ryan,

I sent you a survey through FB Messenger. I would appreciate your taking the time to complete it.

Liston Matthews

Crickets
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Liston Matthews
Sat, Jun 27, 7:00 PM

to Ryan

Now that the legislative session is over, I would appreciate your completing the survey. I can send it again if you would like.

Thanks,